Saturday, January 3, 2009


Ok, to get everyone (all three people that read this!) caught up... Over fall break I put in at Neels Gap in North Georgia, just north of Dahlonega. I hiked from Neels Gap to Jarrard Gap...only to find NO WATER!

So I roughed it down the Jarrard Gap trail and went to Lake Winfred Scott Rec. Area! It was rough, I had to walk all the way across the road to get to the bathrooms. Someones got to suffer...
Notice the road in the background!
I left around 7:15 the next morning and covered good ground. I reached Preaching Rock at 11:30 and then Woody Gap at 12:00 where I ate lunch. It was a perfect day! Good wind that kept you cool, but warm enough that you could still wear shorts and a t-shirt. The view from Preaching Rock was increadible!
Preaching Rock Woody Gap Parking Lot

After lunch I headed on to Gooch Gap and then the Gooch Gap Shelter. Second best shelter that I have been to with Stover Creek still being the best!
I spent the night at the shelter and then I walked out to Suches and caught a ride to my car. Overall, a fun trip.


1 comment:

Mr. Ariail said...

reader #1 of 3 approves. =)